14 November 2012

Moonrise Kingdom

I finally watched Moonrise Kingdom on my flight back from Stockholm two weeks ago. I knew only two things about it at that point – that it was Wes Anderson, and what the poster looked like. Neither appealed to me; I am easily turned off by the entire culture & fandom around his movies – so much so that I can forget that I have sincerely enjoyed every one of his that I've seen.

Title.

I loved it so incredibly much. It looked exactly like what daydreams are made of when you're young. If I were to run away from home and go on an adventure at that age, that is just the type of impractical-but-theonlythingsthatmakesense stuff I would have brought with me.

Tang, map, compass, pipe.

kitten.

weather balloon

These are way fewer screenshots than I (or anybody) usually include in a movie post… I don't want to give too much of the feel of this movie away. A lot of the scenes are particularly enhanced by the things the characters say and the music, too, so just showing you one piece of that experience feels like when Wile E. Coyote runs past a cliff and is hanging high up in the air for a brief second before crashing to the ground. Do watch and see :)

Also, one of my very favorite songs is in it: Le Temps de L'Amour by Francois Hardy.

Dreamy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...